Does using Coconut Oil for hair loss work? Our hair is one of the defining aspects of our image and youth; that’s why hair loss is such a worrying thing for those affected, leading to depression and lack of self-confidence.
So, if you’ve been looking for a treatment for hair loss, or have suffered a stressful event leading to alopecia, read on and discover how coconut oil can help you regrow your hair naturally and regain your confidence.
Table of Contents
Hair Loss Issues? Enter The Wonderful World of Coconut Oil
For thousands of years, Coconut oil has been used to treat common hair and skin complaints. Being packed full of moisturizing ingredients, it’s been the go-to remedy for dry skin and hair for generations.
However, it’s not just the coconuts moisturizing properties that have interested humans worldwide. Coconut oil is also a mild form of fungicide, helping to combat skin complaints such as Eczema and dandruff. For the hair loss patient, it’s this effect that will contribute to curing the underlying cause of any alopecia, repairing the damage done and getting the hair follicles ready for growth.
Coconut oil is also packed with a range of fatty acids and proteins. For the scientists among you, coconut oil contains monoglycerides, ethoxylate, fatty and polyol esters and is an excellent source of vitamin E and K plus has a high source of Iron.
- It’s one of the best hair conditioners out there – Ever wondered why so many conditioners smell like coconut? It’s because the link between coconut oil and healthy hair is as strong as it gets. Coconut oil is particularly useful if you suffer from frizzy hair that’s easily tangled. It packs your follicles with moisture, helping them feel fuller and vibrant.
- It fights the damage caused to hair – One of the key ingredients to coconut oil, and the one that does contribute to regrow hair, is Lauric Acid. It works by penetrating the hair follicle, reducing protein loss caused by hormonal imbalance or old age, two of the main issues that lead to hair loss. Coupled to this are the anti-fungal properties of coconut oil which help to treat any underlying bacterial or fungal infections that might be causing hair loss.
- It helps protect your hair from environmental pollution – Coconut oil is an excellent way to help protect your newly grown hair from atmospheric pollutants and damage. It forms a protective barrier that keeps out all the harsh chemicals that might otherwise damage your hair.
- No more flakes! – The fatty acids mentioned earlier have an excellent anti-fungal effect. This means that you can use coconut oil to treat dandruff and other common fungal scalp infections. By gently massaging the scalp each day with a small amount of coconut oil, you’ll be helping to clear up an infection and keep your hair protected from future outbreaks.
- People have been using coconut oil for hair loss for decades – By protecting the root and hair follicles of your hair, coconut oil can minimize or even halt hair loss in its tracks. Even for those trying to regrow hair, coconut oil can be an excellent way to boost your efforts and kick start your scalp into a state of hair regrowth.
What Is The Best Coconut Oil For Hair Loss?
If you are looking for a coconut oil that is free of any chemicals, Iorgani Raw Virgin Organic Coconut Oil is the one that you should take a look at. When it comes to dealing with hair loss, hair thinning issues if you are simply looking for the best coconut oil for hair, you will find it to be highly effective. This oil is also effective when it comes to acne-prone skin, dry or cracked heels, elbows, and scaly skin. Iorgani Raw Virgin Organic Coconut Oil also has antibacterial properties. It will provide well-needed nutrition and promote the growth of your hair.
You can also get yours HERE
How to Use Coconut Oil In Hair?
There are many ways to treat your hair with coconut oil. Some are incredibly messy, yet some are quite simple and easy to do before a shower or bath.
Just Rub It In
Take two difference bowls, a “clean one” and a coconut oil one. Fill both bowls with warm water and place a tablespoon of coconut oil into the “dirty bowl”. Now, shampoo your hair just as you would while having a bath, ensuring that you massage the coconut water solution throughout your hair.
You might be thinking “what about the suds”? Yes, we know, it feels weird washing your hair in a non-soapy solution. The coconut oil is a highly cleansing agent in its own right no while you might not “feel” like your hair is being cleaned, it certainly is.
Once you’ve massaged your entire scalp, rinse your scalp with the clean bowl. You might want to take a short shower at this point and clean yourself with a hair growth shampoo and conditioner. Make sure to avoid shampoos that are full of sulfate and other chemicals.
Top Tip: Coconut oil stains clothes and towels! Keep an old towel specifically for your coconut oil so you don’t ruin your good linen.
We all know Coconut Oil, and Biotin is rather beneficial for hair. Now, what can you expect if you mix both together? Greatness? Yes! Because it’s free of any preservatives, this soft gels supplement is the best you can find to help repair hair follicles and promote hair growth. All in all, if you are looking for something that encourages the growth of your hair, this is the product that you should take a look at.
Get yours from Amazon HERE
My pick is Neugaine Premium Organic Hair Loss Shampoo. It is composed of biotin along with plenty of other natural DHT blocking nutrient. This shampoo is sulfate and chemicals free and can be used to fight hair loss and hair thinning. Neugaine Premium revitalize the hair follicles while at the same time promoting blood circulation which results in hair growth. The product has been enhanced with organic coconut oil to maximize the absorption of the nutrients.
Grab yours HERE
Give Your Treatment a Boost with Lime Juice
This top tip comes courtesy of mothers, who always know best. (They certainly do!)
To boost the anti-bacterial and fungal properties of your coconut oil treatment, try applying a few drops of lime juice in the bowl with your coconut oil. The acids in the juice will kill bacteria and fungal growth plus it’s been shown to help stimulate hair roots into a growth phase, a little like tea tree oil, olive oil, jojoba oil and cedarwood oil has been shown to.
Give A Warm Hand to The Coconut Oil – The Hair Loss Patients Friend!
The cosmetic industry loves coconut oil. It’s a treatment for so many things, especially dry skin, hair and issues like dandruff. By using coconut oil for hair loss treatment, you’ll be following in the footsteps of thousands of cultures going back in time. They might not have had our technology, yet there was a method to their madness.
Enjoy the benefits of coconut oil for hair loss!