Are you familiar with the Nioxin brand of haircare products? If not, you should be! Nioxin is one of the most trustworthy brands of shampoos, conditioners, and styling products that help to thicken and regrow thinning hair. If you are looking for a basic product for your hair, Nioxin System 1 is a great place to start. This product is lightweight, conditioning, and will help to get your hair growing. Let’s continue with the Nioxin system 1 review:
Table of Contents
Top Features of Nioxin System 1
The Nioxin System 1 is a set of shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in scalp treatment. The shampoo helps to clear the pores around your follicles, helping to promote healthy hair growth. The conditioner is designed to help soften and protect your hair from breakage without weighing it down. The scalp treatment is designed to help promote a healthy environment in your scalp to get your hair growing faster, thicker, and better. Nioxin’s best feature is its multi-faceted formulas, designed to make sure your shampoo and conditioner regimen matches your needs.
My First Impressions
My first impressions of the Nioxin System were pretty straightforward; it really looks like regular old shampoo and conditioner. It’s not a bottle I would be embarrassed to have laying around the house. It does say THINNING HAIR on the bottle, but it’s thankfully not in huge, embarrassing letters.
If you purchase the kit of System 1, it comes with a 300mL bottle of shampoo and a 150mL bottle of conditioner. I thought it was a little odd to have twice as much cleanser as conditioner. My hair is too dry to wash every day or go light on the conditioner, so I purchased each separately, making sure the bottles were the same size. The scalp treatment is 100mL, but I don’t think I’ll need as much of that as the others.
I’m excited to try this product out and see if it helps to thicken my very thin hair!
Who is System 1 Designed for?
The System 1 is designed for people with normal, untreated hair that is very thin. This product is not intended to be used with colored or straightened hair. If your hair is naturally thin and you want more volume, or if your hair is thin and also thinning a little, this product is for you!
How to Use System 1
Each product is used daily. The instructions read to wash hair regularly with the shampoo and rinse completely (avoid getting it in your eyes!). The conditioner is used by applying a small amount to the length of the hair, then letting it sit for 1-3 minutes. The scalp treatment is applied to the whole scalp, combed through, then left in for the whole day.
What makes System 1 Unique?
System 1 uses three Nioxin technologies to make sure your hair is everything is can be.
- BioAMP: BioAMP is a lightweight conditioning agent with ingredients that also helps to provide thicker-looking hair. Noticeable after about a week, this increased the fullness of every single strand of my hair, making my hair actually look and feel thicker than it grows naturally. It made it healthier, stronger, and shinier, too.
- Transactive Delivery System: This technology uses a combination of vitamins and antioxidants to get rid of all of the toxic gross build up that can occur around your follicles, stunting growth and making your hair thinner and weaker. Making your hair look awesome starts with making sure your scalp is clean and healthy, and the Transactive Delivery System does just that.
- Activ-Renewal: This uses peppermint oil and white tea to make your hair look shiny and feel healthy. It also gives Nioxin its signature minty scent.
Pros of the Nioxin System 1
- The System 1 is great for normal, thin hair that’s not thinning or thinning just a little. It’s a great cleanser and conditioner that leaves your hair feeling clean, healthy, and strong.
- System 1 actually works. Nioxin has been researching ways to help restore hair since 1987, and they have certainly hit on something with this amazing product.
- The three pieces of the kit works together to make your hair shiny and healthy, and it even makes your scalp feel good.
Cons of the Nioxin System 1
- The scent of Nioxin is very, very strong. If you are sensitive to strong scents, this product might not be for you. The use of peppermint oils and chemicals in Nioxin blends together to make an eye-wateringly minty scent. However, after long use, I got used to it.
- There have been many reviewers on the internet that have claimed to get allergic reactions to Nioxin. The reaction isn’t super common, but it is always best to test products on a small area of skin before use. If you have an adverse reaction, please discontinue use!
The Nioxin System 1 is a real winner in my book. Not only did it thicken my hair, but it also helped it to grow longer and stronger with every use. My hair has never been quite so shiny, so manageable, or felt so healthy. What a great product!