Nioxin is a long-standing and trusted brand of hair products for thinning hair. It has been shown to help regrow hair and make your hair thicker, fuller, and healthier. I had never tried a Nioxin product but decided to give it a shot and see what all of the fuss was about.
Table of Contents
My First Impressions
Right out of the box, this stuff is a little intimidating. The black text on a white background on the bottle makes it look very scientific and professional. But I was more interested in the insides than what the outsides looked like, so I opened the shampoo bottle to get a look.
What struck me first was the scent! The almost overwhelming minty scent was so powerful, I couldn’t get my face too close. I really hoped I would get used to the smell soon, especially if the Nioxin worked as promised. My hair has always been thin, and I wanted a thicker, fuller head of hair.
Top Features of Nioxin System 3
The Nioxin System 3, much like the other five Systems Kits, is used for thinning hair. It is designed to boost the health of your scalp to help regrow lost hair. The cleanser helps to make a good environment for hair growth around each and every follicle. Once your scalp is healthy, thicker hair will follow. This kit is also awesome for chemically treated hair. Colored or straightened hair can already be damaged by the chemicals used, so why damage it further with shampoos and conditioners that aren’t designed for treated hair? Another great feature of the System 3 is the SPF 15 put into every bottle. Your hair and your scalp will be protected from the sun to make sure that your hair is the best it can be, no matter how much time you spend by the pool.
Who is System 3 Designed for?
System 3 is designed for people with thin, thinning hair. It is meant for chemically treated hair, like straightened or colored hair. The System 3 is also designed for those who are looking for a little sun protection for their fragile locks.
How to Use System 3
Use all of the products daily for the best results. Use the shampoo like normal shampoo and rinse thoroughly, avoiding contact with your eyes. Once your hair is clean, put in just enough conditioner to cover your hair, then leave in for 1-3 minutes before rinsing. Once you are out of the shower, when your hair is still wet, cover the whole scalp with the scalp treatment. Comb the scalp treatment through your hair, then style as normal.
What makes System 3 Unique?
System 3 utilizes some pretty cool Nioxin technology to give you the best hair you can.
- Transactive Delivery System: If you want to build a healthy environment in your scalp for healthy hair regrowth, the Transactive Delivery System makes a huge difference. A combination of gentle cleaners, botanicals, vitamins, and antioxidants make sure the junk clogging up your follicles and pores gets the boot. Your scalp will thank you.
- BioAMP: BioAMP is a thickening agent that thickens your thin strands and makes them grow fuller and healthier. It uses something called cystine amino acids to do this. BioAMP is also great for making sure each and every strand experiences less breakage, letting it grow longer and stronger.
- Glyco-Shield: Helps to keep your chemically treated hair as healthy as possible. The dual shield technology wraps each of your strands in moisture and protection to make sure your hair stays healthy and happy, no matter how many times your dye it!
Pros of the Nioxin System 3
- System 3 is a powerful hair regrowth hair product that will make your hair all it can be. It will help to regrow your hair and keep more of your hair from falling out.
- Nioxin smells minty fresh and will make your hair smell wonderful. It’s a very strong scent, but it really smells good and sticks with you all day. Love it!
- Nioxin helps to thicken your already thin hair, making each strand thicker and stronger. My hair grows faster, longer, and stronger with Nioxin, and I’m betting yours will too.
Cons of the Nioxin System 3
- Many reviewers online on a variety of sites said they had a bad allergic reaction to Nioxin. Always test products like this on a small part of your scalp before using!
- Nioxin is expensive compared to other shampoos and conditioners, but worth the price. If you can afford it, Nioxin will change your life for the better.
If you have thin, thinning, colored hair, this is the best thing you can purchase for yourself. The shampoo, conditioner, and scalp treatment will all work together to give you the healthy, thick hair you’ve always wanted along with the healthiest scalp possible. So if you want to grow thicker hair (and more of it), pick up System 3 for yourself.